Pete Sampras Tennis was the first game of three of tennis video game series,
released by Codemasters.
It was followed by Sampras Tennis 96 on
Sega Genesis and later by
Pete Sampras Tennis '97, released for the PlayStation and Windows/DOS.
Ranked World Number One*, Pete Sampras is the ultimate tennis player. Champion of Wimbledon in 1993 & 1994, two-time winner of the U.S. Open, and first player to take three Grand Slams in a row since 1969. He became the International Tennis Federation World Champion at the age of 22. Serving over 1000 ace in 1993, an ATP Tour season record, Sampras has already claimed the 1994 Australian Open. Pete Sampras has endorsed the quality of this game and says the following:
"The most challenging tennis game you'll ever experience." Pete Sampras
- Pete Sampras' serves can turn a ball ballistic - fearsome forehands, blistering backhands and skillful lobs - this is pure tennis action!
- Play against 30 computer players with different skills, looks and powers
- 3 different court types - grass, hard and clay
- Over 450 frames of player animation
- Fully interactive crowd noises
- 18 World Tour locations
- Shots include volley, lob, drop, and power shot
- High precision "After-touch" ball control to add power and direction
- 1 or 2 players simultaneously
- 1 - 8 players in Tournament
Enter - start; Arrows - move (choose your opponent);
Z - auto serve (lob);
X - twice for manual serve (normal shot);
C + arrow = dive;
You can change keyboard settings, save (F5) and load (F8) the game.
Put your mouse over the game and choose your settings, you can also play the game in fullscreen.